In order to advance the careers of economic developers focused on business retention and expansion, BREI has established a job board for members and partners seeking qualified candidates for open positions. Please see the positions available below:
Job Description: Vice President of Existing Industry/Regional Development
Corpus Christi Regional Economic Development Corporation
The Corpus Christi Regional Economic Development Corporation (CCREDC) leads economic development in the three-county Corpus Christi MSA (Nueces, San Patricio, and Aransas counties), serving a population of approximately 450,000. The CCREDC is a public-private partnership charged with securing new jobs, payroll and capital investment in the region. The organization provides economic development services to the major public governmental agencies of the region and is also supported by over 150 companies in the region. CCREDC is considered the leading Economic Development Organization in the Coastal Bend Region of Texas.
Supporting the CCREDC core strategies: As a key part of the CCREDC mission, the Vice President of Existing Industry/Regional Development will take a lead role in meeting with existing companies, interviewing them to identify issues, and reporting on conditions. Also, they will manage projects with existing businesses planning expansions or consolidations, leading to additional jobs, payroll, and capital investment in the region. The Vice President will take a leading role in working with regional economic development stakeholders and allies in alignment on regional programs, surveys, data gathering, policy recommendations and coordination of economic activities.
Reports to: CCREDC President/CEO
Key Tasks: Development and implementation of efforts to support Existing Industries that are the economic foundation of the Coastal Bend Region, including a targeted business retention & expansion program, focused business expansion efforts, project management, project expansions, reporting and analysis. This includes a great amount of time building and maintaining the Synchronist database, structured interviews with business leaders, and reporting on issues/results. This will include presentations to business leaders, building relationships with key decision makers, communicating the advantages of the Corpus Christi Region for expansions, and developing materials to deliver the CCREDC core message to further grow the regional economy. The Vice President will lead the Regional Development efforts of CCREDC, building alliances, coordinating regional economic programs, implementing regional economic surveys, coordinating regional summits, and communicating the existing economic conditions of the region.
Job Description: The Vice President of Existing Industry/Regional Development is a full-time, senior-level professional position responsible for supporting a variety of projects and programs in order to secure business and economic development investment in the region:
- Develop and implement targeted business retention program to identify and secure new economic development projects for the region, measured through new jobs, payroll and capital investment secured, through expanded existing companies in this area.
- Cultivate, manage, and develop contacts and relationships with company and public leaders in the region such as plant managers, corporate real estate professionals and target industry executives.
- Manage and update comprehensive Business Retention/Expansion tracking system based on Synchronist software. Extensive familiarity with Sychronist data-gathering and implementation of the reports/policy recommendations of the software is highly desired.
- Interview 100+ company leaders annually, undertake structured interviews, and report on issues through Synchronist, and make policy recommendations based on the data gathered.
- Develop and manage outreach efforts to companies in the area to identify issues, report on problems and address concerns.
- Work cooperatively with local, regional, and statewide economic development allies and stakeholders to gather economic data, build surveys, maintain the Economic Development regional partnerships, and host economic summits and other key events.
- Manage site and facility projects, including coordination of site identification and certification program for expansion projects.
- Developing a coordinated approach to communicating the message that the Coastal Bend is a great place for investment and doing business to the region’s business community.
- Building face-to-face relationships with key business leaders, managing in-person and on-line communications campaign, and ensuring the organization stays “on message” in communicating its work to the board of directors and wider business community.
- Polished senior-level executive able to work independently as well as part of a dedicated professional team, delivering excellence and a supreme work ethic in achieving goals.
The Person: The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills, strong interpersonal skills, extensive familiarity with economic development projects, high-level communication abilities, and organizational marketing and messaging. The person should be able to interact easily and professionally with company executives, government leaders, senior business leaders, have finely developed time and project management skills, know how to execute core mission strategies, and take the initiative to achieve goals.
This is a senior level position that requires independent work with minimal supervision. A bachelor’s degree is required; MBA, JD, or other advanced degree is preferred, however equivalent experience may be considered. A minimum of 5-10 years of successful economic development program and project management, as well as a demonstrated track record of completing projects, polished communications skills, technical abilities, public relations, and marketing campaign management is required. Certification through IEDC (CEcD) or similar is desired. Strong command of Microsoft Office products, social media, presentation software, customer/sales database program management, and other software is required. Synchronist familiarity is highly desired.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Charles County Government is hiring a Director of Economic Development. This position Provides economic development strategies, technical elements, work plans and services on behalf of Charles County as the Economic Development official to retain and expand the County’s primary employment and investment base. Oversees and manages the County Economic Development Department’s activities, programs, partnerships, and client relationships. Serves as the primary advisor to the County Administrator and Charles County Board of Commissioners for economic development. Starting salary is $111,025.00 – $179,861.00 annually with a comprehensive benefits package.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Marketing, Urban Planning, Economic Development, Real Estate, Law, or a related field. Ten (10) years of experience with business, planning, real estate, government economic development or considerable experience in commercial or industrial real estate site acquisition and development or in business and industrial financing, zoning, commercial real estate, and business marketing; or an equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
Licenses or Certifications:
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) and related training toward CEcD certification are preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/charlescountymd