Business Retention and Expansion International is a vibrant organization dedicated to promoting existing business retention and expansion programs in communities, regions, states or provinces. Anyone having an interest in providing technical, educational or financial assistance to communities, regions, or states developing BR&E programs is eligible to be a member.
BREI is the professional association of choice to obtain business retention and expansion expertise. BREI offers business retention and expansion (BR&E) materials on promotion, marketing, education, training, certification and professional development. BR&E is clearly the most successful form of economic development available to states, provinces, and localities in terms of job creation and expansion.
The organization offers extensive resources to assist members in reaching their full potential as economic development professionals. Resources include:
- BREI’s Annual Conference,which brings together community and economic development practitioners, university faculty, key policy makers, and other professionals in the field for four days of quality educational training.
- BREI’s bi-weekly newsletter which features articles such as best practices, notification of upcoming certification programs, spotlight on award-winning programs and county case studies.
- BREI’s listserv and forum will instantly put you in touch with our membership to respond to technical questions. BREI helps you network with experts in your field, assists you with program implementation and assists you with interpretation of results.
- A members-only portal that contains a vast library of valuable surveys, testimonials, and strategies for using BRE techniques in your community.
- Events and workshops both in-person and web-based held throughout the year in order to educate and train our members.
Annual Membership Dues start at only $100.00 USD